Thursday, January 17, 2013

And The Nominees Are...

This sweet lady over at Mom's World nominated me, for the Liebster Award.  We started our Facebook pages about the same time.  She has supported my growth and I hers.  Like her, I've never been nominated for anything before, so I amextremely honored for this nomination.
So the Liebster award has rules and they are as follows....
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support each other.

1.  Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2.  Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3.  Choose 11 new bloggers (or with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4.  Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5.  No tag backs.

11 random facts about The Mommy Ref
  • I have an obsession with numbers.  I like the number 7 and numbers that are divisible by 7.  Ironically, my birthday, DaddyCools and all three kid birthdays are all divisible by 7....yes weird
  • I was in school to become a Respiratory Therapist.  I lasted 2 hours of clinically runs.  Once I heard someone hacking all that mucus I ran out puking and never returned. 
  • I love spicy food...I put  hot sauce or salsa on everything
  • My husband and I have been known to play Candyland without the kids
  • I wish I collected something.  I have always wanted to but have never figured out what to collect.  Man that sounds lame!
  • My first car was a 1979 El Camino....yes with the v8 engine.....yes it was crazy fast....no I never got a ticket.
  • I love sports.  I actually coach my kids teams.  That is partly because I am also a control freak.
  • I hate Chuck E Cheese or anything like it.  I hate bouncing houses...I cringed with all the thoughts of snot and spit, blah!
  • I am addicted to coffee....lots of coffee
  • My celebrity crush is Adam Sandler.
Questions from  Mom's World:

1.  Are you brand-loyal to any product?
No, I am a coupon lady.  Not a crazy nutty one, but I go for the deals.  I do have some brand avoidance.  Items that we don't like and stay away from no matter how good the deal is.  I aim to save about 40-50% on my receipts. 

2.  Do you have a story behind your kid(s) name(s)?
Being that my blog does not use my kids names....this one is harder to answer.  But yes...they all have one common letter in their first name.

3.  What is your favorite board game?
I actually love the game Sorry.  I like the simple games of luck.

4.  Have you ever been to Disneyland/Disneyworld?

I have been to both.  Disneyworld as a young girl and Disneyland often as I grew up in California.  My kids have been once.  I would like to go more but it is a motgage payment to go these days.  Totally nuts!

5.  What is your favorite movie?

Anything Adam Sandler I could watch over and over.  Then there is Office Space.  I can related to this movie every single day I go to work. I like funny and brainless....hmmm seeing a theme here.


6.  What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a doctor.  I wanted to help people.  I am no where near a doctor now.  Looking back I know I could have got there.....but at the time I was too afraid to go for it and never signed up for that major.  I went the easy way out as a Business Major.

7.  What is one of your favorite childhood memories?

Spending time with my great grandparents.  I can still smell the cookies baking in the kitchen when I close my eyes.  I could draw you a picture of their entire apartment and place all the furniture.  I miss them.

8.  What city do you live in and do you like it?
Can I plea the 5th on this one?  I still live in California near LA. I do enjoy where we live as we are fairly close to anything we want to go enjoy.  Las Vegas isn't too far either...I want to go back soon.

9.  How long have you been blogging and why?
I just started the Mommy Ref blog in October 2012.  I wanted a place to decompress.  I wanted a place to write and develop as a writer.  I wanted a safe place to build confidence in my writing.  I enjoy the anonymous part of writing on MommyRef.  I have written on other blogs for family updates and tracking pregnancies.
 
10. Do you have someone you idolize or look up to?

I could go with the old, of course my parents answer, which is true.  They have made me who I am today.  I really strive to be the best "me" out there.  I am not focused on the way others are.  Since starting this blog thing there are a hand ful of ladies that I admire.  They can put anything in writing and I find myself just nodding and smiling....sometimes crying.  I hope to be that for someone else some day.

11. What is your favorite TV show?
Parenthood.....if you haven't seen it, you should.  In each "mom" character I find a little piece of me.

Questions from me to my nominees:
1.  Why did you start to blog?
2.  Do you have a story behind your kid(s) name(s)?
3.  What is your favorite sit com?
4.  Have you ever been to another country?
5.  What is your favorite ice cream?
6.  What did you want to be when you grew up?
7.  Are you allergic to anything?
8.  What state would you move to if you could?
9.  What is something you want to accomplish before 2013 is over?
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
11. What were you doing at 8am this morning?

And last but not least - my nominees!  I really wish I could nominate more than just 11....but here's some super awesome ones that have recently come across.  Don't forget to find them on Facebook too.  They are a riot!

Active Mum
The Fabulous Mrs. Wing
3monkeysandamartini
Funny is family
When Crazy Meets Exhaustion
Big A Little a
Adventures of NinjaMama
The Musings of Munch
Kissing the Frog
Red Vines and Red Wine
Mommy River Badger

12 comments:

  1. Yay! I love Sorry too! I understand the anonymity (I probably spelled that wrong) on the blog too, but I think I've used the kids names at some point as much as I try not to. And Parenthood is definitely one of my favorites too!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! I got one too. Tomorrow will be my humbled post about what a flake I am about following through with the award stuff...

    I've decided I need a "Post Butler". I need Alfred from Batman to announce to me every time one of the blogs I like to read has a post. "Madam, Her Highness the Mommy Ref has just written a blog post." Then open up my laptop and bring up the page for me. Wouldn't that be SWELL?


    You should totally twitter... your blog name isn't even taken. I know because I looked for you. What do you think?? ;-D


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am twitter dumb....hook me up. Thanks for coming by! I was going to put you on my list but saw you had been selcted...you were NOT forgotten!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed learning more about the anonymous you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! I always enjoy your feedback on my posts!

      Delete
  4. Parenthood is a great show. It makes me cry every week!

    Thanks so much for the mention!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Mommy Ref!! :) I'm humbled you thought of me!!

    I just realised we started our blogs at exactly the same time! And I totally agree about hopping onto Twitter... I am a complete novice over there, and have just been stumbling around trying to learn as I go (its like another language!!!) but come on over - I'll give you a shout out and help get you started!!!

    Thank you again!

    Aanika X


    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so very much for thinking of me! However, I think I don't qualify, because I do have over 200 followers (yeah, nice boast right there!!). I have received the Liebster before so I'm quite okay if you would like to give it to someone else!
    Thank you very very much though!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you got another one!! http://www.modernmamadramas.com/2013/01/a-fitting-award-if-i-do-say-so-myself.html you're not at all obligated to accept it, since you just did one but you definitely deserve it, again!! <3

    ReplyDelete