Friday, January 25, 2013

DaddyCool Writes...


Of all the topic choices out there, this is what you guys threw at me?   
What do I think about Mommy Ref having a blog? 
To be perfectly honest, she likes it and I don’t get it but I guess that’s what makes it work. Isn’t that what happens in a marriage anyway? We are different and that is what makes us work. She writes about stuff that bothers her. I use my mouth and just cuss people out. She drinks vodka. I drink Rum. I kick ass at Guitar Hero. Her, not so much. She played sports growing up. I played the tuba.
I guess when I think about my feelings of her having a blog; I realize that I have never thought about my feelings for her having a blog. She has it posted on Facebook and has a court full of followers, of which I am not one. Not because I don’t care, but because it’s ‘her thing’. She has her interests and I have mine. Isn’t that how marriage works? Don’t get me wrong, we both like some of the same things. Long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, cuddling on the couch…aw crap, who am I kidding. No one likes that shit anymore. These days doing things together consists of talking trash over a game of Words with Friends or kicking the kids asses at Candyland.
So when she asked me to actually write about my feelings I was a bit confused. Does she not remember that men can roll their eyes too? What do I say? Do I be brutally honest, or let her down easy? I felt like she was asking me if those pants made her butt look big. There’s just no right answer. Just like when I get asked which purse I like better. There’s just no right answer.
So I’ll end this with a final thought. I chose to write this because when Mommy Ref, aka my wife, asks me to do something that means a lot to her, I do it, even if it’s something that I would normally not do, like telling her that her those pants don’t make her butt look big. It’s the shirt.  
 

8 comments:

  1. Well, Daddy Cool...you're a good husband then. My husband feels much like you do. When he's playing NCAA Football, I'm playing on my blog or Facebook page. The only difference is he does like my page and he reads my blogs..every so often, he gives me a shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Daddy Cool - you were honest and pretty funny...plus there isn't anything wrong with a married couple enjoying a shit talking words with friends game! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good, DC. It's a good thing no one asks my husband his opinion about my blog. LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I chose to write this because when Mommy Ref, aka my wife, asks me to do something that means a lot to her, I do it, even if it’s something that I would normally not do" We should all do things for those we love in regard to what means a lot to them. We should be interested in what interest them even if we don't like it; we should care enough to care. Love works this way. Enjoy this Post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, a little funny and a little sweet. My husband is proud of my blog and tells people about it and to go there, but I think he reads about every 3rd post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea to have your husband guest post!!!!!! You've got a good guy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like Daddy Cool is a little bit like my hubby! Although I'm quite sure he would say that he LOVES that I have a blog as it means more sports watching for him and less tv remote control compromising ;) I would be very surprised if he even knew what the web address of my blog was! Good on Daddy Cool for writing a post though - and good on you Mommy Ref for getting him involved! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your kind words and support! I can't not say he "enjoyed" it but he is grateful for your appreciation! He is a keeper. I challenge you all to get your hubbys to post...It was fun watching him struggle to put it on paper, but I would give him an A+ and a smack in the head for the fat comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete