Thursday, October 18, 2012

Copy Cat

Copying someone is the sincerest form of flattery, right?  I mean to take the words, choice or decision of another without having your "own" thought is a compliment?  Isn't that what "they" all say?  I want to know who the "they" are.  I want to know who really thinks this way.  I want to know who doesn't hear or see the copycat attempts and not feel bothered by it.  I can tell you who does not agree with what "they" say.  My children!

I am sure I am not the only parent with children that do not like the idea of copy cats.  Some of you parents out there are nodding your heads or smiling right now at the thought of your own situations.  You know what I am referring to, the screaming and whining about why a sibling picked the same cereal or the same kind of juice box.  I mean really does the food/drink taste any different if someone else is enjoying it too?  For a child under the age of five, the answer is yes!

As a parent, you will also know all too well that there are situations in which being a copy cat is a must.  In these desperate times equality is essential or the rotation of earth as we know it will be compromised.  In our house this is the moment of "same same".  This is the moment in which they will compare the size and number of items you have given them.  All items must be of equal size and volume, this is a MUST.  Oh and remember, this includes a cup of liquid.  As a parent this is a very important to remember.  One slight miscalculation and operation meltdown WILL occur.  Meltdowns will be covered seperately as they are a beast of their very own.

I am still torn on what "they" say.  I mean I enjoy my own ideas and I can respect others original ideas.  If we all kept them to ourselves the world would be pretty boring.  However, copying what others do is pretty boring too.  What do you think?  Who are "they" anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment